Saturday, February 6, 2016

Eyebrow Mapping Experience



I like that Saladbox partnered with Benefit cosmetics to bring their supporter a much needed Eyebrow Education. This is serious business y'all!


Of course, I like learning about skin care and make up so I decided to join the BenfitxSaladbox Make-up Workshop at SM Megamall. Here's how it all went down:




Of course I was picked as the "model" because of my untamed eyebrows!

There is an Eyebrow mapping tool that you can use for easier reference, but its not really something that can help you perfect the shape of your brows. By simply holding your eyebrow pencil from the side of your nose going to the corner where your eyebrow should start. Make a small mark. A tip I got from the session is that you can actually make your nose appear slimmer by adjusting the corner start of your eyebrows, make sure its closer to the nose line. 

After that, place the eyebrow pencil going towards the center of your eye. This should be the peak of your arch. Lastly, hold the pencil diagonally until it reaches the outer eye. mark that spot. 

When shading your brows, you can use any or different types of brow shading tools like pencil, eyebrow shadow kit, eyebrow mascara--You can mix and match until you get the desired result. Some guides I picked up were: 

  • Start lining/shading from the arch of your brow. Avoid doing it from the corner start.
  • You trace a line under your brows to make it more defined and clean. 
  • Blend, blend and blend
  • When you have blonde hair, select an eyebrow shade that is at least 2 times darker than your hair

I may have forgotten some as I was quite busy to even take notes during the workshop especially because there was an activity where we had to do our partner's brows! That was an experience for me and I realized during that time that it takes some serious talent to get the eyebrows done. Anyways, here are some pictures from the workshop:




Super cute!
I just can't!- This was part of the activity during the workshop 


Before the Eyebrow Mapping Activity
After the activity! :) 


As you can see, it really made a big difference! Though, I wished I had worn more make up for this photo :) 

I wish to attend more workshops like this! 





0 comments: